Our noninvasive testing methods are proven to be both efficient and accurate. Diagnostic testing services include:
Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) - This measures blood flow/pressure from heart to feet. At Ellichman,this procedure is performed by clipping oximeters to big toes for lower extremity reading and clipping oximeters to fingers for upper extremity reading. This entire test takes less than 3 minutes, but can be invaluable in detecting peripheral artery disease (PAD).
Arterial and/or Venous Ultrasound - This is a safe and painless way to image a patient’s blood vessels and visually check for abnormalities and/or structural defects. This procedure takes about 20 minutes for a single system study (arterial or venous) and 40 minutes for a duplex study of both.
Procedures performed under venous:
- Evaluation of deep vein thrombosis
- Treatment of varicose veins in the upper and lower leg
- Cosmetic procedures which can improve some of the scarring that has occurred from long standing venous disease
Procedures performed under arterial:
- Minimally invasive arterial procedures
- Arterial stenting
- Repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Surgical treatment of carotid artery disease
- Arterial bypass procedures which may require a synthetic graft or the use of a native vein
- Arterial and venous ultrasounds
- Computerized calculation of ankle brachial indexes
- Carotid ultrasound
- Peripheral arterial ultrasound
- CT angiography
We offer diagnostic testing at all of our locations.